Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Days 74-80

After a couple days of not writing, I started feeling like catching up was too big of a project for the time I had at any given moment.  I just kept putting it off and not finding the time to do it.  Well, that only made it worse!  What can I say about the last seven days and the six classes I took?  Not a whole lot.  There were moments of giggling, super concentration, pain, sweat, exhaustion, accomplishment, day dreaming, camaraderie, and a zombie sleep deprived moment where I tried to do Tortoise Pose at the top of my mat with my legs in Fixed Firm Pose.  I'm still feeling like I've made big improvements in Half Moon Pose, and keep working on it every day.  I love the way it feels when I lift my ribcage up right at the end and drop down more.  The stretch is amazing, now if only I can figure out how to keep my knees locked at the same time.  I've been able to lock my knees out in Hands to Feet Pose a few times.  My right knee is still painful at times and my right quadriceps were really swollen and sore.  I think they probably have something to do with each other.  I had a massage on Saturday.  Two hours.  She worked on the area around my scapula, mostly trapezius, for 45 minutes.  She also concentrated on my quadriceps, IT band and TFL.  It was much needed but took a lot out of my body.  We worked through a ton of trigger points.  Then I had Korean food and had a gluten reaction.  I didn't make it to class on Saturday.  I've been choosing to stay up super late when I know I shouldn't be.  Now, I have a sinus infection and can't sleep through the night because of it.  I haven't had a good night's sleep since Thursday!  I've also been getting migraines, which are probably from a combination of messing up my sleep schedule, not getting enough sleep, needing an adjustment, this sinus infection, and possibly not drinking enough water.  I've been dealing with a bit of stress as well, which is why I think I'm not sleeping well.  But, I am changing that.  I have to go to class before work tomorrow and friday, so I have to have to have to go to bed at a decent hour.  If I can just get my sinuses to let me sleep more than 2 hours in a row, I will be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment