Monday, February 28, 2011

Pause-52-53

I just counted on a calendar from January 6th (my start date) and today is day 53.  I have done 51 classes in 53 days.  I do hope to make those up, but it really is up to my body as to whether or not that's a good idea.  I am encouraging it by eating steak, gf noodles, homemade sauce, broccoli, gf chocolate chip cookies and kombucha for my post yoga dinner.  (Much thanks to my roommate, who made the sauce and broccoli!)  I also bought ice cream, chocolate kefir, tamales, and potato and sweet potato fries so that I have food to eat this week.  I did not get to go to class on Saturday due to moving.  I made a point to go on Sunday, thanks to an encouraging yoga buddy.  All it took was some logic; a simple reminder that class will "unload some of the stress."  Saturdays class was a wonderful way to start Moving Day #2.  I was in the front row with 2 yoga-buddies and I was able to play off their energy and concentration.  The rest of the day still felt daunting, but I knew I did what was right for me and went to yoga.  I had a lot better concentration and put 100% of myself into it.  Oh, and the hot water was out, so I did not shower after class.  That was a first, but there was no way I was going to freeze my ass off in the name of hygiene.  Today was also a good class.  It was a big class and there were distractions, but I had a good time and worked really hard.  I was next to the aforementioned yoga-buddy and we had a case of the giggles.  Also, the woman behind me kept tickling my feet with her fingertips when she did sit-ups, which made me laugh.  I mean, I would have been okay with her not extending her arms all the way and distracting me almost every sit-up,  but I made the best of the situation and found the humor in it.  I really should go to morning classes but I'm reveling in sleeping in.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I feel like a celebrity, featured in your blog :) You're doing great and I'm super proud of you for making it on Sunday. Next time you decided to can't make it to class, call me.

    ReplyDelete