Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 9

I did not want to come out of Camel Pose.  I wanted to hang out there a little longer, reaching my eyes further up my mat.  It was such a high!  I will see my toes one of these days.  I felt good about Standing Bow, even though I fell out.  I fell out from what I thought was one from pretty good form.  The key, for me, when I make adjustments and corrections, is to do them slow and stay in control.  If I get too jumpy, I fall out right away and then have a hard time getting back into the pose.  My breathing feels so much more even during and after these last few classes.  My lungs aren't fighting for every gasp of air and I enjoy Pranayama instead of wishing for it to be over.  My body is still exhausted and all that concentration makes my brain ready for a nap.  But, I feel pretty bubbly the rest of the day and kick and bad mood I might have had.  Last night we made spaghetti and meatballs, so I chopped a lot of garlic and some onions.  I could smell the garlic on my hands during class and it made me laugh.  We also made onion rings, so all our yoga gear & towels smelled like a deep frier.  Next time we'll put them further away, but I'm not sure it will make much difference in our little apartment.  I'm on my way to the Chiropractor now (yay Blogger-droid!) and then to work.  I don't think I'll need to get adjustments very often during this challenge.  My back and neck feel so strong and that's going to help the adjustments stick.


(I may have written this using Bollger-droid but it failed to send the post.  I had to copy the text and send it in an email to myself from my phone.  Boo Blogger-droid!)

No comments:

Post a Comment