Sunday, January 1, 2012

Kitchen Yoga Challenge

I miss yoga.  I still can't afford to go to the Bikram studio here so I have decided to set a challenge for myself.  I will do yoga along to the CD every day for the month of January.  I am starting with the standing series and adding in as much of the floor series as I can each day.  I want to push myself but I need to balance it with staying motivated.  A lot of my motivation for daily practice at BYA came from my teachers and classmates.  I do not have that here so the main challenge will be finding that motivation alone in my cold kitchen.

Day 1
Standing Series
     Almost didn't do 2nd set of Balancing Stick and skipped second set of Triangle
Floor Series
     Fixed Firm, Half Tortoise, Camel, Rabbit, Head to Knee (one set), Spine Twisting
Hip stretch at end (Pigeon?)

Nina joined me for a Savasana and for Spine Twisting but I think she just wanted food.  I have total yoga brain right now and am reliving last night's toxins.  I am making scrambled egg tacos and am trying to down some water to help flushing my system.  My legs are shaky due to yoga and the 14 miles I road on my bike today.  One of my challenges will probably be finding the energy for yoga after a long work day and commute.  Today, I spent 4 1/2 hours organizing the boxes in the back room and unpacking as many of them as I could.  If I have the energy after eating, I will make kale-apple-carrot juice for dessert!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Of all the people who set their minds to a goal: you accomplish them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I have an average batting score, but I accept all praise you send my way, lol.

    ReplyDelete