Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 3

When I switched the the new URL, I somehow forgot to post Day 3.  I have no idea how to make it go in order, so here it is now!

Even after 8 1/2 hours of sleep, I still had a hard time getting up this morning.  My plan to ride to yoga everyday was thwarted by the weather.  It's still dumping snow out there.  It was pretty from my position in Savasana; I could see the big flakes of snow twirling gently out of the corner of me eye.  It was calming.  I managed to stick it out again and not have to sit out any poses.  I did get a few dizzy spells but they weren't nearly as bad as the last few weeks.  It seems that the added iron supplement on top of what is in my vitamin is doing the trick.  I worked really hard during Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Pose to keep my palms together.  I haven't been able to do it since my first week of classes.  The struggle is compounded by my fear to fall onto my right hand.  I'm feeling pretty sore and tired but I'm in a great mood.  I can feel all of my back muscles.  Their just one big ball of ache, so I can't distinguish between them.  I had a harder time staying still today.  I found that in Eagle Pose I wobbled less if I clenched my arm and upper back muscles.  I will keep experimenting with that and on calming my fidgety body.  Halfway through class I realized that I was surrounded by guys on three sides.  This hasn't happened before.  There really are a lot more women than men.  As Zen Master Seung Sahn would say: not good, not bad.  It was just something I noticed.  Then, at the end of class I realized that the guy to my left had a shaved head, the two guys to my right had shaved heads, and the guy in front of me had a shaved head.  Those women with pony tails of thick hair have no idea what their missing!  Speaking of hair.  I can deal with the sweat splashing off my neighbor's arms or our hands touching during Full Locust Pose, but I cannot handle all of the stray hairs all over the locker room floor and showers!  (This is not a comment on the cleanliness of the locker room, it's kept amazingly clean.)  Disembodied hairs make me want to gag. I've had this issue for a long time and thought I was getting better about it.  These last two months have made me realize I'm less over it than I'd thought.  I can handle the hair of people I know better than a strand from a complete stranger entangling itself around my toes in the locker room...  I have done three days in a row before but tomorrow will be four and every day after that will be a new record for me.  I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment